Forum Introductions! (Post 1 post to get a rank!)

BurlySterlie
Private
Private
City: Portland
State: Oregon

Re: Forum Introductions! (Post 1 post to get a rank!)

Post by BurlySterlie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Name: BurlySterlie
Games: I play a little bit of everything if i have the chance.
Why PDXLAN? Why not. I love hanging out with new people and seeing old friends. I dont game much at pdxlan mainly see the mods and chit the chat.

SawButt
Private
Private
City: Salem

Post by SawButt » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Handle: SawButt
Name: Sawyer
Games: Minecraft(that og alpha life), Starcraft, Fortnite(save the world), Factorio, whatever you're wanting to play
Why PDX LAN: my best friend told me it was pretty rad and that the group he went with was welcoming and fun to hang with so I came! Never looked back either, SkrubQuest and the whole LAN community have been amazing and I feel privilaged to take part in both.
Me: Oregon born and raised, I live down salem way but grew up in Beaverton. Was a scoccor player turned Theather kid and converted to PC gamer the last year of high school. These days I take care of my dog, play games and work for an office furniture dealership(dont get me started on ergonomics). Drop by my seat sometime and say Hi or shoot me a message to play some games!
"I like games" -SawButt

sirjakeyjake
Private First Class
Private First Class
City: Albany

Post by sirjakeyjake » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Handle: SirJakeyJake
Name: James Brown
Music: 80's-90's, alternative, classic rock
Games: D3, Empyrion, OW, Civ5/6, others
Love about PDXLAN: The community it like none other, led by two of the greatest examples around.

When I'm at PDXLAN, I'm always with WVG. Come find me!

=jb=
aka SirJakeyJake

trumby
Private
Private
City: Clackamas

Post by trumby » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:17 am

Handle: Trumby
Name: Anthony
Games: Lately a lot of Fallout 4, PUBG, and WoW. At LAN we always get in some Lead & Gold.
Music: I like most stuff, but I don't listen to a whole lot anymore. I spend my whole night at work listening to podcasts.
What I love about PDXLAN: the people. The community is so just ridiculously great it always amazes me

I've never done any modding but I have built my fair share of PC's. My first was in high school in 2004. In one of those bright green Raidmax cases (this one). AMD 2500+ and a Sapphire 9800 pro. UV lighting and reactive cables of course

BradRapidTv
Private
Private
City: Canby

Post by BradRapidTv » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:47 am

Name: Bradlee
Handle: BradRapidTv
Games: FPS's and open worlds are my preferred. I'm an old school Minecraft player at heart.
ME: Im a 30 year old IT System Administrator for the company i work for. When im not working or going to school for my degree, im spending time with my girlfriend / family, or playing video games with my buds.
Music: CLassic / modern day rock.
Why PDXLAN? I joined the community with a few friends a while back. Loved the community and loved what PDXLAN does for both people within its community and outside. Ive watched Matt grow this community to what it is today, and its totally impressive and no easy feat. I cant wait to see where we go form here! :D

JoeDejony
Private
Private
City: Vancouver
State: Washington

Post by JoeDejony » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Handle: JoeDejony
Name: Joe
Music: Lover of all
Games: Anything exept BR! WE DONT NEED MORE BR GAMES PLS
Love about PDXLAN: Being able to spend time with people for a few days every few months who all share the same love of PC's and gaming. There is nothing better than Finally meeting the local community and seeing how awesome everyone is :D

Current system: Acer Aspire M5-583P (Intel i5 4200U, 6GB RAM, Intel HD 4400 graphics)

BizSAR
PDXLAN Staff
PDXLAN Staff
City: Beaverton

Post by BizSAR » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:50 pm

Name: Scott
Handle: BizSAR
Games: FPS's/RPGs/racing, but right now Battlefield 4 &1, Far Cry 5, GTA V, We Happy Few, Wreckfest
ME: Software Test Engineer of 22 years, hobbies include photography, ancestry/history, human/cat psychology, beer drinking, attending LANs
Music: Anything but most current pop and country and western after the 60's.
Why PDXLAN? It's all about the PDXLAN community for me. My first LAN was PDXLAN 9, and I was hooked. Became staff at PDXLAN 14.
Current system link in my signature.
BizSAR
Staff since PDXLAN 14
Game Server Admin, Man-about-town.
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/mmwV3C

Tongan
Private
Private
City: Woodland

Post by Tongan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:32 am

Name: Josh
Handle: Vayron / Tonga (Tongan) / Pandorha
Games: WOW, LoL , EvE Online o7 , DAoC, NwN.
ME: Systems Administrator Sr. 13 years and counting.
Music: Eveyrhting
Why PDXLAN? I surround myself with liked minded people.
Current system: (dead) I have 3 toddlers. Working on it. :cry:

dragonphreak
Private
Private
City: Seattle

Post by dragonphreak » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Handle: Dragonphreak
Name: John
Music: A mix of everything, from Metal to Hip-hop.
Games: Shooters like Doom 2016, to classics like Wizardry 6. Too many hours to count in Diablo 3.

Built my first PC in 1993, first mod in 2001 (fan holes and paint, woo), and started coming to PDXLAN in 2014.

jadamowicz
Private
Private

Post by jadamowicz » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 am

Handle: Snowmeiser
Name: Jerry
Music: Pretty much everything (no Classical or TechnoPop)
Current Games: Wow, Diablo III, Starcraft, Minecraft, Hearthstone, CSGO, PUBG, Fortnite
Love about PDXLAN: PDXLAN Fall'18 will be my first PDXLAN event :D ...getting back into gaming after many years absent ( I think my last LAN party was "Evercrack" and Tribes 3), and looking forward to making new friends and seeing old ones
Known for: helping out with anything, being the "old guy with knowledge", bringing humor to any situation, providing food!

RichBlackMan
Private
Private
City: Plano
State: Texas

Post by RichBlackMan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:26 am

Handle: RichBlackMan or RichReaper
Name: Josh
Music: Everything but screamo

Games: PUBG, Cod 4, LoL, WoW.
Games of old: COD's, Halo, Madden, All Xbox stuff mostly.
What I like about PDXLAN: I was introduced in to computer gaming my sophomore year of college. I then met a couple of college guys that knew all the inner-working of PCs. They told me about it all and instantly I was hooked. We all became good friends and later we found PDXLAN in 2012. I went with one buddy and from their we have grown our group to 20-30 people who attend regularly (MvpGC). I love PDXLAN because we all share the same passion for friendships through gaming and a lot of us are growing old (wont say growing up, because we are all adult children :) ) and we stay connected through these events and gaming. Fair to say PDXLAN has given me more friends I communicate with daily,weekly than I ever did through all of my life experiences, some of those friends were groomsman in my wedding last month! Fair to say PDXLAN has given me a lot to look forward too every year and a lot of friends that are passionate about the same things i am. <3

Orthodontist
Private
Private
City: The Dalles

Post by Orthodontist » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:25 pm

Wow! New forums!

I go by the handle Orthodontist, been to PDXLan a few times, skip out for a few years and what do you know? NEW FORUMS! Also, new venue for November? Oh geez peoples, what has been going on?

I mostly play FPS or RTS games, lurk far more than I post, and discovered reddit 2 years ago (RIP freetime.) The most defining aspect of my life is that I'm actually enjoying playing Fallout 76.

Cheers! :rawr:

repo1979
Private
Private
City: Richland

Post by repo1979 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:19 am

Byron, 39 yrs old, married, 4 great kids. I'm new to pc gaming still and built my first pc in spring of 2017.

Games I like are mostly simulation types, and racing as well.

Located in Tri-Cities, WA.

bocaniciudude
Private
Private

Post by bocaniciudude » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:58 pm

Handle: Bocaniciudude

Name: Chris

Favorite games: Fallout, Rocket League, HOTS

Love about PDXLAN: Everyone is supper helpful and always willing to help the new guy even letting random people use a spare rig for the Lan! They always give good advice whether on a part or problem.

Known for: Being very competitive even if I suck at the game, which is the case with most FPS's

I'm in these forums because I've been part of this community for a few years and love it and would love to get feedback on parts and possible trade some too.

Hypnero
Private
Private
City: Cornelius

Post by Hypnero » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:30 pm

Handle: Hypnero

Name: Chris

Favorite games: APEX, Rocket League, PUBG, Frost Punk

Love about PDXLAN: I love this community, and there's nothing better than to find a reason to game all weekend with my kids.

My first PDXLAN was 3, and I came for a couple of years then had a long gap until coming back two years ago. PDXLAN has always been a great community, and I wish there were more like them.

Praze
Private
Private
City: Milwaukie

Post by Praze » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:50 am

Handle: Praze
Name: Guy
Music: Electronic and anything non-Country
Games: Overwatch, Anthem, The Division 2, No Man's Sky, PUBG.
Hobbies: Comics, Movies, PC Building
First LAN: PDXLAN 25 (Feb 2015)
Job: Animator, VFX Artist, "IT Guy"
Favorite thing about PDXLAN: feeling like I fit in, like I'm part of something to be proud of.
Fun facts: I was in a breakdancing crew in high school, served in the Air Force, and lived in Okinawa for 3 years.

I spent years seeing pictures from PDXLAN on Facebook (mostly of Sprinkles winning prizes) and wishing I could be a part of it. The second my wife (handle: Squishy) and I decided to move to Portland, once of the first things I did was buy a ticket to the next event. I look forward to each and every one of them now, and hope to make more of an effort to meet new people in coming events.

Thank you to everyone who's had a part in keeping this community going strong.
Ryzen 2700X | Radeon VII | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Crosshair VII Hero | CaseLabs Bullet BH7