Section for Forum suggestions

Sprinkles
Private
Private
City: Hillsboro
State: Oregon

Section for Forum suggestions

Post by Sprinkles » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:27 pm

I was just thinking while setting up my profile, updating my signature and whatnot... that It might be a good idea to create a "suggestion" sub-forum/topic somewhere...

Good idea / bad idea?

I had some thoughts right off the bat while going through all of the steps, but no really good, dedicated place to store said thoughts :cry:
---
DD Custom Tower 21 (Thanks Vector! <3)| i9-7900X | EVGA X299 DARK | 32gb Crucial | GTX1080FE

Vector
Event Founder
Event Founder
City: Portland
State: Oregon

Re: Section for Forum suggestions

Post by Vector » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 pm

One thing I don't think people understand is how much work goes into creating all of this (LAN, Sponsor relationships, forums, website, venue, etc). For me, suggestions made always made me feel like people don't like the way something is. Logically I know that they just "want to help" - but it still wears on me like a cheese grater because I devote a ton of myself to this.

For this reason, on the old forums (And the new) we have a group for just this. It's a quieter place with people who know how (hopefully) to comment on things constructively. I welcome anyone who can do so.

Request to join it.
ucp.php?i=ucp_groups&mode=membership

I believe there will be a dedicated forum for suggestions, if Aractor has set that up for the group.

In my experience suggestion threads are hard to read... so make sure it's "stuff that matters" and not things like color of the forums. I care about all suggestions, but with limited time, time spent on one thing means time not spent on another.

Hope that makes sense -

Also, never hesitate to use this link either:
http://www.pdxlan.net/LAN/contact-us/

Asked & Answered / Locking.
=Vector=